The Winning Interview !
Because there are many different styles of interviews, they can be nerve-racking. Ensuring that you are well prepared for your interview and practicing beforehand with a family member or friend will dramatically increase your chances of performing well and obtaining the position.
Your CV – a reflection of your personality
At first glance, a well executed CV is :
- Visually appealing.
- Simple to read and flows nicely.
- Relevant to the advertised job.
- The right length (3 pages maximum).
- Free from grammar and spelling mistakes.
Not sure exactly how to proceed? An expert opinion would be valuable? Contact your consultant who would be only too happy to guide you in how to best reorganize your CV.
Remember: a well constructed CV will attract the employer’s attention.
Knowing all about the company
Find out as much as you possibly can about the company - i.e. culture, core business and any other activities, details on the position for which you have applied, for example the reason this particular position is open.
Your presentation – The do’s and don’ts
Dress suitably for the position. Impress your interviewer!
We strongly recommend a corporate and conservative look. Your clothes must be clean and odor free.
Maintaining good eye contact with the interviewer increases rapport.
Preparation is critical; it builds your confidence.
Speak clearly and audibly.
Stay calm and answer all questions honestly.
If the interviewer questions your answers, they are asking you to elaborate to better understand your motivation.
Never lie - this always come back to haunt you.
Questions most frequently asked during interviews
Since preparation is vital to success, consider the following interview questions and prepare answers for them.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about your current or most recent position. Describe an ordinary day.
- Why are you looking to change ?
- What functions and tasks on your job do you enjoy the most ?
- What are your major strengths and weaknesses ?
- What are your plans for the future ?
- How would your colleagues describe you ?
- What five adjectives would you use if you were to describe yourself accurately ?
The better prepared you are and the calmer you are, the more successful your interviews will be.
Good luck !