Our client, a professional organization located in Montreal, wishes to join an assistant to assist the Corporate Secretary and his team.
Are you looking for a friendly, stimulating work environment where you can build a long-term career?
Are you known for your rigor at work and in follow-ups, your attention to detail and especially your written French?
Together with other departments, you are responsible for ensuring that rule changes are approved or presented to administrators following established procedures.
You will also be responsible for updating files and binders including the law, regulations and amendments.
• Ensure, in accordance with the regulations and procedures, the management and administrative support necessary for the holding of annual general and special general meetings of members and meetings of the board of directors:
§ Establish the schedule of board meetings and the schedule for the annual meeting of members.
§ See to convene the meetings of the various committees.
§ Ensure the logistical aspect (reservation, invitation, preparation and distribution of documents, etc.).
§ Prepare the agenda for meetings:
o Coordinate, with all services, the documents to be presented to the meetings.
o Include topics that need to be considered monthly, annually or occasionally and write documents to present.
§ Occasionally prepare audiovisual presentations.
§ Write resolutions, minutes and reports.
§ Follow up on decisions resulting from these meetings.
§ Maintain the registers, directories and files necessary for the proper functioning of the affairs of the council.
• Ensure the updating of the classification plan and the document retention schedule.
• Codify, classify and update the files of the secretariat and the archives.
• See to the distribution and archiving of the documents produced.
• Maintains a register of legal opinions and case law.
• Establishes and maintains the legal library.
• Maintain documents and reference volumes.
• Prepares the content of external mandates.
• Produce reports required by government authorities.
• Occasionally translate texts.
• Prepare various documents and correspondence.
• College diploma - Legal or office technology - or equivalent.
• 5 years minimum secretarial experience.
• Excellent command of French, both written and spoken.
• Functional English, both written and spoken.
• Proficiency in IT tools (Word, Access, Outlook, Documentik)
• Good knowledge of IT tools (Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
• Sense of organization, autonomy, initiative and discretion.
Salary based on experience and a full range of exceptional benefits, including a pension plan.
This position is tailor-made for you, send me your CV without further delay, you will not regret it!